SALAMA Easy Claim Frequently Asked Questions
What is Easy Claim?
Easy Claim is a new service launched by SALAMA that allows customers to skip the hassle and manage their claims online. With easy claim, customer can register their motor insurance claim in five easy steps using the app and track it online.
How do I register my account on the SALAMA App?
Follow these steps to register on the SALAMA App;
Download the SALAMA App from the Apple App store:
Select ‘Sign Up’
You will need the following to register your account:
- Unique User Name (choose any personal user name)
- Valid Email ID
- Mobile Number in the 009715XXXXXXXX format
Once you have successfully registered your account on the SALAMA App, you will receive an activation code via sms to activate it.
How do I activate my SALAMA App account?
Use One Time Password (OTP) sent via SMS to activate your account;
Check the OTP in the SMS sent to you by the SALAMA App
- Enter the OTP in the App to activate your account
Can I register my Claim without policy details?
Claims are related to specific motor policies. Therefore, it is necessary to register your policy on the SALAMA App with your policy details.
How do I register my motor policy on the SALAMA App?
Follow the steps below to register your motor policy:
- Tap on the ‘My Policies’ icon
- Enter your Policy Number: as it appears on front side of Registration (Mulkiya) card
- Enter last six digits of Chassis Number: as it appears on backside of Registration (Mulkiya) card.
- Verify and confirm your policy details
How do I register my Claim on the SALAMA App?
Once your policy details are confirmed, follow these steps to register your motor Claim:
- Tap on the ‘My Claims’ icon
- Select the motor policy that you wish to add a claim for
- Enter the following details as mentioned in police report:
- Date of Accident & Time
- Who was at fault
- Place of Accident
- Type of accident
- Vehicle available for inspection
- Accident details
- Third Party Driver details
- Preferred repair Emirate
What does Type of accident mean?
- Collision Car: Accident between two or more cars
- Hit & Run: Unknown damage (No other party involved)
- Theft: Theft of vehicle
- Bodily Injury: Any individual injury due to accident
- Other: For property damage / Death Case etc.
List of documents mandatory for claims registration?
The following documents are mandatory to register your claim on the SALAMA App:
- Police Report
- Driving license of at fault driver (Front & Back)
- Vehicle Registration (Mulkiya) Card (Front & Back)
Can I register a claim without uploading mandatory documents?
A claim cannot be registered without uploading mandatory documents.
How do I upload the police report?
You can now easily upload the police report through the SALAMA App by;
- Enter police report number as mentioned on police report
- Take a clear photo of the report using your phone’s camera making sure it fits in the box provided
- Select ‘Upload’
How do I upload the driver’s license?
- Take a clear photo of the front of your driver’s license making sure it fits in the first box
- Take a clear photo of the back of your driver’s license making sure it fits in the second box
- Select ‘Upload’
How do I upload the vehicle registration (Mulkiya)?
- Take a clear photo of the front of your Mulkiya making sure it fits in the first box
- Take a clear photo of the back of your Mulkiya making sure it fits in the second box
- Select ‘Upload’
What type of accident pictures are to be uploaded and how many?
Accident pictures are important to assess the damage to your vehicle. At least four pictures of vehicle damage area are required to process the claim. Pictures should include:
- The vehicle number
- All damaged areas as mentioned in police report
All photos should be clear and preferably taken in day light. You can directly take these pictures through the App using your phone’s camera and upload them.
Once all details are verified and confirmed, your claim will be registered and you will receive confirmation via SMS with a claim reference number. You can then monitor the progress and status of your claim via the SALAMA App.
How do I track my claim progress / follow-up?
You may get your claim progress and follow-up status by clicking on ‘Track Claim’ and entering the 8-digit claim reference number that you received via SMS.
What are the different types of claim status displayed on ‘Track Claim’ screen?
The different types of claim status are as listed below:
- In Review: Claim is under review for documentation and verification
- Accepted: If all documents are in line, then the claim is registered and your claim number will be sent to you via SMS in this format: 1/123/2017
Kindly note the difference between:
- Claim Reference number: unique number to track claims on the SALAMA App sent via SMS
- Registered Claim Number: unique number once your claim is accepted and registered by SALAMA for processing also sent via SMS
You should record both numbers with you for future reference.
What happens if the claim is accepted for further processing?
Once your claim is accepted for further processing, the following claim status will show on the App and you will be notified via SMS on a case-to-case basis:
- Workshop Assign: To inform you after issuance of LPO
- Total Loss: If vehicle is beyond economical repair. Contact SALAMA claims for further claim process
- Cash Loss: Please contact SALAMA office to settle claim on cash loss basis
- Claim Rejected: SALAMA will notify you via SMS with the reason for rejection
Where can I find SALAMA contact and location details?
You can find SALAMA contact and location details along with a map in the ‘Contacts’ section. Additionally, you can get in touch with us via:
Telephone: 04 520 3300 or 800-SALAMA (725262) from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Sunday – Thursday)
Here, you can also find various emergency numbers for your convenience such as:
- Towing Service