- SALAMA Website – SALAMA website is a reference used for the website and all digital assets. The term “website” includes: online sales portal for health / motor and other products and all other digital channels
- Website User – A website user / visitor is an individual who visits SALAMA website but is not necessarily an existing customer of SALAMA
- Customer – A customer is an individual who is an existing customer / plan holder of SALAMA
- Takaful Products and Services – All takaful product offerings by SALAMA on its website are referred to as takaful plans.
- Takaful Application – An application form completed online for a specific SALAMA plan. This is the binding legal contract that states customer’s takaful cover and other takaful benefits available to the customer.
- Third Party Administrator (TPA) – TPA is an intermediary function between SALAMA and its customers for processing of claims.
- Claim – A claim is the request made by customer for compensation of a loss suffered that is covered under the takaful plan taken by the customer.
Who We Are
Islamic Arab Insurance Company (PSC) – SALAMA is one of the largest and oldest provider of Shari’ah compliant solutions (takaful) in the UAE, with paid-up capital of AED 1.21 Billion (USD 330 Million) and is listed on Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
What We Collect
We collect your details through SALAMA website. As a SALAMA website user, you may choose to submit your information through one or more of the following available website features / channels:
- Contact Us
- Get a Quote
- Existing Customer Login (for Easy Life Family Takaful Plans)
- Enquiry/procurement of health / motor / other plans
- Mobile application
- Referral pages
All information received through the website is reviewed and managed by authorized representative in SALAMA. Information that is not required for the processing of your takaful application will not be requested by SALAMA either on the website or by any representative of SALAMA.
The health takaful plans currently offered by SALAMA are managed by Third Party Administrator
What We Do with Your Information
SALAMA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that there is transparency with regards to the processing of your information. Your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed and / or processed by SALAMA for one or more of the following purposes:
- Processing your enquiries for services and products provided by SALAMA
- Processing of your SALAMA takaful application(s)
- Administering and/or managing your relationship with SALAMA
- Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiries submitted by you
- Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures (including but not limited to those designed to combat financial crime, know-your customer, anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing or anti-bribery), that may be required by law and / or regulations.
- Sharing your information with registered third party wherever required by SALAMA’s policies and by law, for processing of your takaful application.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliate companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees / staff to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
Know Your Rights
As a customer of SALAMA, we would like to inform you of the valuable rights that you have and that you may use to allow us on how we manage your information in a secure manner.
Please read below rights and actions available to you:
1. The Right to be Informed – SALAMA is transparent in what information it collects from the customers. Only information which is necessary for the processing of your enquiries, takaful application and managing it over the period of the plan term is requested from you and stored for the period of the plan. Once the plan expires or reaches its maturity, information will be held for 7 years from the date of expiration or maturity for record purpose, in line with the UAE Regulatory Authority or longer in case of a lawsuit.
2. The Right to Access Your Information – As a valuable customer of SALAMA, you have the right to request us to provide you with your plan information that is required by you.
3. The Right to Rectification of Your Information – SALAMA ensures information held of its customers is correct and complete. You may want to request us for a change in certain information (financial or non-financial alteration) or rectification of current information held with SALAMA.If you are aware of having submitted incorrect information at any point in time or know that your submitted documents have expired, please do not hesitate to contact SALAMA through its various channels available to you to ensure information held with SALAMA about you is correct in its records and does not create an inconvenience in near future for you.
4. The Right to Erasure of Information– You may want to get in touch with SALAMA to enquire and request for certain information to be erased which is held with us that may have expired, or any other financial / non-financial information that may have changed.
It is ensured by SALAMA that any sensitive information related to the customer which is not required in managing their plan anymore, is erased and discarded from our records in a secure manner on first being intimated by the customer (through submission of alteration forms and / or directly reaching to SALAMA with request of such information change and erasure of old information).
However, please understand that request for erasure of mandatory information that is required for plan processing and managing it over the plan term may affect in it being continued and result in termination of plan.
We may use the information you supply to contact you by phone, e-mail, SMS or otherwise to inform you about products / services which may be of interest to you.
These services could include the following:
- New product launches
- Reminders about our services
- Future surveys / research
- Festival / event greetings / notices / updates / other communications
SALAMA will never ask for your password or any other confidential details in any marketing material.
Links to and from Other Websites
How Do We Protect Your Information
We protect your information by implementation of a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information on files, systems and SALAMA website in compliance with local and international laws and regulations. Only authorized and trained personnel have access to sensitive information shared by you to ensure your privacy is respected and data shared by you is kept confidential at all times.
SALAMA uses 3rd party cookies and other technologies such as tag manager, event tags, pixel tags, etc. to store certain types of information each time you visit any page on SALAMA website. Cookies enable the website to recognize the information you have consented to give to the website and help us understand which part of the website are most appropriate for your professional needs.
Changes and Updates
These changes can be as follows:
- Introduction of a new regulation introduced by the UAE Regulatory Authorities
- A new decision being passed on a previously issued regulation which makes the previously issued regulation meaningless and,
- Change in SALAMA’s policy and process for collection and usage of customer information
Legal Exclusions and Limitations
The information contained on SALAMA website is for general purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
We do not provide any legal, accounting, or other professional advice or opinion on specific facts or matters. Also, neither SALAMA nor any of its directors, employees, or agents will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of the website or the information contained in it.
Through SALAMA website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SALAMA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all kinds of damages including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, and third party claims.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SALAMA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
All materials (text, graphics, designs, their selection and arrangement) on the website are the copyright of SALAMA or third party. Any reproduction retransmissions or republication of all or part of any document found on the website is expressly prohibited unless SALAMA has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce retransmit or republish the material. All other rights reserved.
The various SALAMA trademarks and the get-up contained on the website are owned by SALAMA. All other trademarks, product names, and company logos are property of the Islamic Arab Insurance Company – SALAMA. Neither SALAMA nor any subsidiary company gives permission for the use of any of the trade marks, the get-up, product names, company names, logos or titles. Unauthorized use is an infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or proprietary rights.